Under the direction of the Director of Community Engagement, the Event Coordinator will plan and organize events and logistics for MPact’s Summit and conference activities at the International AIDS Conference in Montreal. The Event Coordinator must have strong organizational and planning skills and be capable of managing several activities at the same time. Communications is fundamental as they will be expected to coordinate with suppliers and presenters. The Event Coordinator must be able to take the initiative, manage their time, and work with MPact’s diverse constituents.
Successful candidates will be collaborative, detail oriented, and strategic.
- Coordinate speakers and presenters
- Plan and coordinate receptions for Summit and Global Village Space
- Secure venues and meeting spaces
- Coordinate with Communications Team on marketing efforts
- Coordinate local volunteers
- Secure all necessary local permits
- Ensure compliance with all COVID-19 requirements and recommendations
- Manage the Global Village event space
Timeframe: 6 months
Hours & Compensation
6 – 10 hours per week – including one weekly meeting with the MPact team
$3500 USD per month for up to 6 months, ending August 3, 2022
Successful coordination of day long summit and reception.
Successful coordination of Global Village event space during the week of the conference, including speakers, and set up/break down.
Connect with local LGBT businesses and organizations in Montreal prior to the conference to coordinate their collaboration and participation
We are seeking a consultant or consultancy team with:
- A basic knowledge of global HIV, health and human rights issues affecting gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men, sexual health and social concerns of key populations including people living with HIV.
- The ability to plan and coordinate events and activities in a timely fashion with intense attention to detail. Excellent organization and logistic skills. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and professionally with volunteers, staff, and professionals from a variety of disciplines; work independently with minimal direction; meet frequent deadlines in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment; Proficiency in languages other than English a plus, French preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in event planning required
- Located Montreal, Canada preferred
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Available to staff booth at conference for 8 hours from July 29 – August 2, 2022, in Montreal
- Be able to communicate via email and Zoom video conference in English.
- Have a bank account that accepts U.S. Dollars.
Deadline and Submission
Deadline: Sunday February 28, 2022
MPact Global Action for Gay Men’s Health and Rights was founded in 2006 by a group of activists concerned about HIV-related disparities as well as stigma, discrimination, violence, and criminalization experienced by gay men and other men who have sex with men in all parts of the world. MPact is now an established international advocacy network dedicated to ensuring equitable access to HIV services to all gay men while promoting health and human rights. We are directly linked with nearly 150 community-led organizations across 62 countries and thousands of other advocates through its various social media platforms. With a staff of 8 and an annual operating budget of $2.6 million USD, MPact accomplishes its mission by watchdogging governments, funders, and other decision-makers; strengthening capacities of community-led organizations and healthcare providers; supporting the proliferation of networks led by gay men; conducting and commissioning research; and facilitating inter-regional information exchange.