About MPact MPact Global Action for Gay Men’s Health and Rights was founded in 2006 by a group of activists concerned about HIV-related disparities and stigma, discrimination, violence, and criminalization experienced by gay men and other men who have sex with men in all parts of the world. MPact is now an established international advocacy network dedicated to ensuring equitable access to HIV services to all gay men while promoting health and human rights. We are directly linked with nearly 150 community-led organizations across 62 countries and thousands of other advocates through its various social media platforms. With a staff of 7 and an annual operating budget of $4.6 million USD, MPact accomplishes its mission by watchdogging governments, funders, and other decision-makers; strengthening capacities of community-led organizations and healthcare providers; supporting the proliferation of networks led by gay men; conducting and commissioning research; and facilitating inter-regional information exchange.
Purpose of the Consultancy
MPact is strengthening its Training and Technical Assistance Program, and it needs to develop its monitoring and evaluation system and framework. MPact’s current Strategic Plan expires in 2022, which will trigger a new strategic planning process early next year.
MPact seeks a consultant or consultancy team to develop and implement MPact’s monitoring and evaluation efforts across its programs and departments. These evaluation efforts must be translated for a wide range of HIV, health, and human rights stakeholders at all levels, including global, regional, and sub-regional MSM and transgender networks; bilateral/multilateral agencies; country governments and health ministries; CBO/INGOs; and grassroots activists.
The consultant will work with MPact staff to develop evaluation protocols, tools, and systems. The consultant will provide technical expertise to develop programs’ frameworks, plans, and indicators to capture program performance results. The consultant will also provide practical, accurate, and timely monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of all project’s activities.
Scope of Work
Employing qualitative, exploratory techniques, we seek a consultant or consultancy team to develop evaluation protocols, tools, and systems. The consultant or consultancy team are expected to:
- Draft and submit a consultancy monitoring, evaluation, and learning plan within 10 days of consultancy.
- Design MPact’s monitoring and evaluation system and tools.
- Design and implement evaluation systems for MPact’s Healthcare Workers Training, CHASE, and Es Tiempo using evidence and rights-based approaches.
- Support community-led monitoring activities.
- Create community- and health-related digital and non-digital monitoring and evaluation resources such as publications, toolkits, and campaigns for each project.
- Support M&E training and technical assistance activities for CHASE, Es Tiempo, and CD4C (community-led monitoring).
- Develop and coordinate webinars/workshops on Community-Led Monitoring in English and French.
- Train MPact staff and the CHASE Project partners on the use of the tools
- Establish qualitative and quantitative project baseline data for CHASE and Es Tiempo.
- Revise and finalize the CHASE and Es Tiempo logical frameworks.
- Finalize the indicators of the projects, including data sources.
- Outline and develop the processes and systems required to ensure data quality and reliability.
- Provide support for interim report writing and final reports.
The consultant or consultancy team will provide the following deliverables:
- Monitoring, evaluation, and learning plan within 10 days of consultancy.
- MPact’s monitoring and evaluation system and tools.
- Monitoring and evaluation base line for CHASE and Es Tiempo projects.
- Material and presentation for one webinar on Community-Led Monitoring.
- Trained CHASE and Es Tiempo staff and partners on projects’ M&E tools.
- Indicators for CHASE and Es Tiempo projects.
- Complete logical frameworks for CHASE and Es Tiempo.
- Developed process and systems required to ensure data quality and reliability.
- Interim M&E report for the Healthcare Workers Training.
We are seeking a consultant or consultancy team with:
- Prior experience conducting monitoring and evaluation;
- Expertise in monitoring and evaluation;
- Capacity to analyze quantitative and qualitative data (including use of software such as Excel and SPSS);
- Knowledge in systems thinking;
- Familiarity in global health, HIV, international development, and human rights;
- A track record in an objective, constructive report writing;
- Strong diplomacy skills;
- Language: Proficient in French; and
- Impeccable writing ability in English.
- Graduate degree in public health
- A minimum of 4 year’s experience in monitoring and evaluation, including developing tools, cleaning and analyzing data, and reporting back data for program improvement;
- Excellent English-language written and oral communication skills;
- Goo to excellent French written and oral communication skills;
- Be able to communicate via email, skype, Zoom video conference in English;
- Be able to show proof of general and professional liability insurance (if based in the U.S.); and
- Have a bank account that accepts U.S. Dollars.
The consultancy period will be for 3 months.
Deadline and Submission
Deadline: Wednesday,11 August 2021
Up to $12,000
We’re inviting proposals of no more than 3-4 pages that include the following:
- Statement of interest in the scope of work described in this RFP;
- A description of qualifications with links to examples of previous and related work;
- A clearly articulated plan for operationalizing the scope of work described in this RFP and a strong justification for the approach being proposed;
- A timeline or GANT chart for proposed work; and
- Consultancy fees or quotes that cover proposed work.
C.V.s of primary consultant(s); and
The names, phone numbers, and email addresses of 2 references.
Submission: Submit proposal with estimated costs fees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bids must be in English.