About MPact MPact Global Action for Gay Men’s Health and Rights was founded in 2006 by a group of activists concerned about HIV-related disparities as well as stigma, discrimination, violence, and criminalization experienced by gay men and other men who have sex with men in all parts of the world. MPact is now an established international advocacy network dedicated to ensuring equitable access to HIV services to all gay men while promoting health and human rights. We are directly linked with nearly 150 community-led organizations across 62 countries and thousands of other advocates through its various social media platforms. With a staff of 8 and an annual operating budget of $2.6 million USD, MPact accomplishes its mission by watchdogging governments, funders, and other decision-makers; strengthening capacities of community-led organizations and healthcare providers; supporting the proliferation of networks led by gay men; conducting and commissioning research; and facilitating inter-regional information exchange.
MPact is managing several grants that vary in size, scope, and timing. We currently manage these grants without a formal database. Staff members seek out grant information from the Finance & Operations team as needed via email and skype. Several consultant contracts are also not contained in a database.
In 2020, MPact was granted non-profit licenses to Salesforce. Consultants were hired to tailor Salesforce to accommodate our sub-grant contracts. In 2021, sub-grant and consultant contracts were entered inconsistently into Salesforce.
Scope of Work
MPact seeks a consultant to further tailor Salesforce or other database solution to implement a contracts and grants database. The consultant will work with MPact staff to:
1. Assess the information needs of the MPact Staff as it relates to contracts and grants
2. Research and propose solutions to address the needs found in #1 above. One option should include the existing Salesforce database
3. Implement agreed-upon solution(s) in #2
4. Enter current contracts and grant awards in the database
5. Train staff to use Salesforce database and access information needed in #1 above
6. Confirm records are current
Work must be completed by 17 December 2021
Budget: 12,000 USD
We are seeking a consultant or consultancy team with:
- Prior experience working with non-profit organizations;
- Strong understanding of database mechanics and familiarity with Salesforce and competitors
- Previous experience in database implementation;
- A track record in training employees on database use
- Possess five years or more of experience working with database setup and implementation;
- Be able to communicate via email, skype, Zoom video conference in English;
- Be able to show proof of general and professional liability insurance (if based in the U.S.); and
- Have a bank account that accepts U.S. Dollars.
Deadline and Submission
Deadline: Friday, 13 August 2021
We are inviting proposals of no more than 2-3 pages that include the following:
- Statement of interest in the scope of work described in this RFP;
- A description of qualifications with links to examples of previous and related work;
- A clearly articulated plan for operationalizing the scope of work described in this RFP and a strong justification for the approach being proposed;
- A timeline or GANT chart for proposed work; and
- Consultancy fees or quotes that cover proposed work.
- C.V.s of primary consultant(s); and
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of 2 references
Submission: Submit proposal with estimated costs fees to LCatanes@mpactglobal.org. Proposals must be in English.