About MPact MPact Global Action for Gay Men’s Health and Rights was founded in 2006 by a group of activists concerned about HIV-related disparities as well as stigma, discrimination, violence, and criminalization experienced by gay men and other men who have sex with men in all parts of the world. MPact is now an established international advocacy network dedicated to ensuring equitable access to HIV services to all gay men while promoting health and human rights. We are directly linked with nearly 150 community-led organizations across 62 countries and thousands of other advocates through its various social media platforms. With a staff of 8 and an annual operating budget of $2.6 million USD, MPact accomplishes its mission by watchdogging governments, funders, and other decision-makers; strengthening capacities of community-led organizations and healthcare providers; supporting the proliferation of networks led by gay men; conducting and commissioning research; and facilitating inter-regional information exchange.
MPact is undergoing leadership transitions. 1/3 to 1/2 of MPact’s current Board of Directors is anticipated to roll off in the second quarter of 2021 at the completion of their terms, per the organization’s By-Laws. Earlier this year, a new Executive Director began after the founding E.D. stepped down after 11 years. Finally, MPact’s current Strategic Plan expires in 2022, which will trigger a new strategic planning process in the coming months.
MPact seeks a consultant to coordinate the development of the MPact Board and its members, improve board member access to information, and coordinate board and executive committee meetings.
Scope of Work
The consultant will work with the Director of Finance, Executive Director, and MPact Board Members to deliver the following:
1. Assess the needs of the MPact Board and individual board members
2. Research and propose solutions to address the needs of the MPact Board, individual members and improve communications and access to information
3. Implement agreed-upon solutions in #2
4. Train board and staff members to access information needed
5. Attend meetings and take minutes for Quarterly and Special MPact Board Meetings, Monthly Executive Committee Meetings, and share minutes with the board
6. Prepare and communicate board materials in advance of meetings
7. Track and record attendance of board members
8. Develop and collect information from the board of directors, including conflict of interest forms
9. Keep board records up to date
Period of Performance: 1 September to 31 December 2021
Budget: 7,000 USD
We are seeking a consultant or consultancy team with:
· Prior experience taking minutes and working with non-profit boards;
· Previous experience in board development and implementation of board development solutions;
· Familiarity in global health, HIV, international development, and human rights;
· A track record in objective, constructive report writing;
· Strong diplomacy skills; and
· Possess two years or more of experience working with non-profit boards;
· Be able to communicate via email, skype, Zoom video conference in English;
· Be able to show proof of general and professional liability insurance (if based in the U.S.); and
· Have a bank account that accepts U.S. Dollars.
Deadline and Submission
Deadline: Friday, 13 August 2021
We are inviting proposals of no more than 2-3 pages that include the following:
· Statement of interest in the scope of work described in this RFP;
· A description of qualifications with links to examples of previous and related work;
· A clearly articulated plan for operationalizing the scope of work described in this RFP and a strong justification for the approach being proposed;
· A timeline or GANT chart for proposed work; and
· Consultancy fees or quotes that cover proposed work.
· C.V.s of primary consultant(s); and
· Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of 2 references
Submission: Submit proposal with estimated costs fees to LCatanes@mpactglobal.org. Proposals must be in English