Where We Stand
After over a decade of activism and technical assistance, MPact has come to a deep understanding of the strategies that are most effective in the global response to HIV, sexual health and human rights on a grassroots and international level. First and foremost, we believe in working in close partnership and unwavering solidarity with the communities who need services and resources most.
There is overwhelming evidence pointing to the critical role of communities in advancing progress in health and social justice. Since our inception, MPact has been advocating for and placing communities at the front and center of interventions linked to sexual health and human rights, both in high-level policy spaces and on the ground.
In carrying out this work, we never forget that sex, sexuality and sexual health approaches must remain grounded in principles of bodily autonomy, self-determination, intimacy, pleasure and connection.
We strive to work using a comprehensive sexual health framework that encompasses physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being free from coercion, stigma, discrimination and violence.
For more of MPact’s stance on particular sexual health, human rights and policy issues, click the headers below:
Prevention & Treatment
It is key for the global HIV response that we advocate for widespread availability of and access comprehensive sexual health programs for gay and bisexual men.
Statements of Solidarity
- Civil Society Concerns About the Targets and Implementation of Index Testing in PEPFAR – January 2020
- Community Letter to Foreign Affairs Committee on Global Fund Resolutions Passage – September 2019
- Health for All Means ALL: A joint statement on ensuring access to health services for LGBTI people – September 2019
- People before politics: HR19 call to action on harm reduction funding and Global Fund replenishment – July 2019
- Community Responses for Health: A Gamechanger for Primary Health Care and Universal Health Coverage – May 2019
- Civil Society Letter on the Nomination of Robert Destro for Asst Sec of State for DRL – April 2019