Study Links Genes To Male Homosexulaity

Published: November 18, 2014

Original Article:

Researchers from America’s NorthShore University HealthSystem Research Institute studied 800 gay brothers and found that the inclination towards homosexuality appears to be linked to genes on the X chromosome.

There was also evidence of the effect of another gene or genes on a different chromosome. The finding were published by the journal Psychological Medicine

Dr. Alan Sanders, the study’s lead author, told AP that the results are “not proof but it’s a pretty good indication.”

There is growing research from around the world that indicates that homosexuality is at least partly genetic or hereditary and/or partly caused by factors in the mother’s womb.

In February, scientists at Northwestern University in Chicago concluded that a gay man’s DNA contributes around 40% toward him being gay while the other 60% of his sexuality is probably based on environmental or other factors. That research involved studying 400 sets of twins.

Full text of article available at link below:

Leave a Reply