JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Contracts & Grants Managers (2 positions)
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations the Contracts & Grants Manager will be responsible for monitoring administrative, financial and reporting requirements set out by the organization’s funders. This position will also be responsible for monitoring administrative and financial reporting of sub-grantees.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare budget proposals in with program managers and directors
- Prepare grant reports, monitor grant expenditures and work with program managers on maximizing grant use, including regular communication with the program manager for each grant
- Monitor budget and budget modification timelines and manage budget and budget modification preparation and submission
- Prepare assigned monthly invoices
- Communicate with fiscal contacts at funding sources for information needed and problem resolution. Follow up on collection of grants receivable as needed
- Maintain grant information for funder and auditor review and coordinate audits and reviews requested by funding agencies. Prepare schedules as required for annual audit
- Review staff payment requests to ensure compliance with grant regulations
- Participate in annual agency budgeting process
- Conduct sub-award assessments and prepare contract stipulations to program management
- Serve as financial contact for sub-awardees and provide technical assistance as needed
- Prepare sub-award contracts in coordination with program managers
- Create needed templates for sub-award management based on grant requirements
- Collect, review and monitor financial reporting from sub-awards and make recommendations to program management
- Process and track payments to sub-awardees
- Conduct desk audits and other procedures outlined in sub-award contracts.
- Serve as backup for other positions in the department as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
What You’ll Need (Requirements)
Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field; three to five years’ experience in contracts and grants management. Experience with USAID grants or other federal funding preferred.
Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook. Familiarity with Sharepoint and Adobe Acrobat.
Organize, prioritize and maintain multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding environment; Communicate effectively, persuasively and professionally with multiple and diverse constituencies; Follow complex directions, analyze budgets, contracts and financial reports; Initiate and complete projects with minimal supervision; Work well independently and as part of a team; Tech savvy and learn software quickly.
Must already have the necessary documentation to legally work in the United states.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should prepare:
- A cover letter;
- CV; and
- Contact information for three recent references.
Application materials should be emailed to the MSMGF Interim Director of Finance and Operations, Lily May Catanes – firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries should be directed to Lily May Catanes by email.
Position applications will be evaluated against the eligibility and qualification requirements listed above. Successful applicants will be invited to a series of individual and group interviews involving the Interim Director of Finance and Operations and staff.
The 2 Contracts & Grants Manager positions will remain open until filled.
MSMGF and Our Values
The Global Forum on MSM & HIV (MSMGF) has worked since its founding in 2006 to encourage targeted, tailored, better-resourced, and rights-based sexual health services for gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) worldwide, through its advocacy and technical support work. As a global network, MSMGF has successfully influenced HIV responses at the local level through shifts in global-level policies and has effectively utilized public health as an entry point for advancing the human rights of LGBT people. MSMGF currently supports programs in 15 countries.
The MSMGF remains the only global HIV advocacy network specifically devoted to the health and rights of gay men/MSM. Its network includes thousands of advocates and service providers representing over 1,500 organizations in more than 150 countries.
For more details, see the MSMGF Annual Reports on the MSMGF’s About US webpage).