The MSMGF Blog: Details and Instructions on Contributing
The MSMGF blog features timely reports written by MSMGF members around the world, brining you detailed information on recent developments concerning the health and human rights of MSM. In addition to sharing new information relevant to the work of other MSMGF members, the reports also present an opportunity to raise awareness within our global community about who our members are and the work they do. Each report opens with a short biography of the author, including a link to his or her profile in the MSMGF Social Network, making it easy for you to get in touch for more information on the report or the author’s other projects.
The MSMGF Secretariat staff works with MSMGF members to identify events and projects appropriate for blog features. In some cases, the MSMGF Secretariat will identify an important event on the global calendar and invite local MSMGF members to attend and report back. In other cases, MSMGF members can write to the Secretariat with an idea for a posting. If you would like to feature your own work with MSM in an MSMGF blog post, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Instructions for Contributing:
- The report must be focused on a topic or topics relevant to the health and human rights of men who have sex with men. It should answer the questions: A) How did this event/project address issues of MSM health and human rights; and B) Was any new information brought to light about the health and/or human rights of MSM.
- The report should be between 1000 and 1500 words and should be written from your perspective. As the goal of this project is to create a platform for community voices to comment on important developments, you will be speaking on your own behalf and not on behalf of the MSMGF.
- We ask that you begin the report with a quick paragraph about yourself, including any work you may do with MSM. This will allow readers get to know you and your work, helping you connect with others interested in your work and also helping the broader MSMGF community get to know each other better.
- To aid the drafting process, the MSMGF may suggest edits to the report before circulating. Once complete, the report will be posted on the MSMGF Blog and Global Discussion Forum for members around the world to read. As with all posts on the Blog and Discussion Forum, the MSMGF Secretariat acts as moderator and reserves the right to make the final decision about whether or not the post will be approved.
- You must be a member of the MSMGF to contribute a blog posting. If you are not yet a member, you can sign up at http://www.mpactglobal.org/index.cfm/id/1/.
- Please be aware that this is a community initiative and the MSMGF cannot offer any compensation for writing this report. Please also note that the MSMGF cannot provide any funding for you to travel or attend events – so it’s best to participate only if you are already planning on attending an event, or you can do so without great expense to yourself.
We would be thrilled if you are interested in contributing a report to the blog and discussion forum. Any additional questions or pitches can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much!
The MSMGF Secretariat