Edition 2 – December 2011)
This electronic update provides information about the XIX International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2012), which will be held in Washington D.C., U.S. from 22 to 27 July 2012.
In this edition:
1. AIDS 2012 Registration Now Open
2. Flights to Washington D.C., Hotel Accommodation and Tours
3. Invitation Programme and Call For Abstracts Now Available Online
4. Global Village Submissions Now Open
5. Youth Programme Submissions Now Open
6. Workshop Submissions Now Open
7. Satellite Meeting and Exhibition Space Applications Now Open
8. Affiliated Independent Events at AIDS 2012
9. Commercial Invitation Now Available Online
10. International and Media Scholarship Programmes
11. Community Involvement in AIDS 2012
12. Join the Conversation
13. Key Dates
1. AIDS 2012 REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Registration (regular delegate, student/post-doc, youth delegate, accompanying adult and child and media representative) for the XIX International AIDS Conference is now open.
All registrations for AIDS 2012 must be submitted through the online registration form. Before you can register, you need to create a conference profile from which you can enter the registration system. Your conference profile will then become your online gateway to all conference-related submissions. Delegates of previous International AIDS Conferences or IAS Conferences can use previous profile log-in information to access their profile.
To register for AIDS 2012, or for further information on the registration process, please click here.
Delegates are encouraged to register by 23 February 2012 to avoid surcharge.
2. FLIGHTS TO WASHINGTON, D.C., HOTEL ACCOMMODATION AND TOURS
Individual and group flight bookings can now be made online through the AIDS 2012 website. Full information on booking flights to Washington, D.C., is available here.
A large number of hotel rooms in various price categories have been secured in Washington, D.C., and Baltimore at preferential rates. Online accommodation bookings for both individual delegates and groups can be made here.
Optional tours before, during and after the conference will be available. Please click here for more information about tours.
3. INVITATION PROGRAMME AND CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE
The Invitation Programme and Call for Abstracts are now available online. Please click here to download a copy.
4. GLOBAL VILLAGE SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN
The Global Village, open to conference delegates and the general public, aims to intensify the involvement of key affected populations and other stakeholders in the conference and in the global response to AIDS. Examples of activities include sessions, forums, oral presentations, awards, networking zones, NGO exhibition booths, marketplace booths, art exhibits, film screenings and performing arts.
Global Village submissions are now open. Please click here to submit a proposal or for more information on the Global Village.
5. YOUTH PROGRAMME SUBSMISSIONS NOW OPEN
The Youth Programme aims to strengthen the participation of young people and the profile of youth issues in the conference through activities such as a youth pavilion, youth-driven sessions, an electronic youth newsletter, the youth opening session and reception, a commitment desk and a youth preconference.
Youth Programme submissions are now open. Please click here to submit a proposal or for more information on the Youth Programme.
6. WORKSHOP SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN
AIDS 2012 will offer a selection of workshops to enhance delegates’ learning experience. Each workshop will focus on a particular topic in the areas of profess